Things I'm going to do today. Or not.My inner Type A is having difficulty not scheduling the heck out of my next couple of days in Portland. It wants bulleted lists of book pages to read, neighborhoods to visit, people to call. It wants an Excel spreadsheet. Thankfully, my inner Type A is so over the top that it recognizes succumbing to arrant vegetation on occasion leads to greater productivity in the long run. (My inner Type A is clearly writing this post, too.)
So, as a compromise between the schizophrenic halves of my interior monologue (dialogue?), I've compiled a list of things I might do today. Or not.
- Curl up on Katie's couch and read a PDF of Tom7's His Sophomoric Effort.
- Bus over to East Burnside. Have coffee at Grendel's and visit haircut Joe at his new shop.
- Finish the design for my annual Christmas gift (those of you who usually get it--you know who you are--apologies if the cover art is derivative and boring this time.)
- Feel guilty for not doing research.
- Play with Katie's cat Ofelija all day long.
- Do an entire puzzle from the book of weekend Times crosswords.
- Read Mighty Girl's gift guides.
- Check the Powell's calendar for book readings.