Week in review
Finally caught up with the work I missed while in Ecuador. Also found time last week to do a bunch of fun things around town, including:
- Beat poetry at the Silver Eye Center for Photography. Best part: Mid-sentence in a passage from On the Road, the reader interjects, "This guy is so full of bullshit."
- Phipps's current exhibit, a strange mixture of tulips and tropical plants. I felt a pang of sadness realizing I missed daphne season back home.
- Colter Harper jazz trio at the Underground. Eh. Good company, but mediocre performance.
- Soulcialism, lovely soulcialism. And maybe convinced a few prospective HCIIers that Pittsburgh is better than Palo Alto.
- Reduced Shakespeare Company's Completely Hollywood with Margaret, my free ticket fairy. The physicality of the three actors was amazing, especially in the goofy reenactment of a Matrix fight scene.