Work and playAssorted thoughts:
- Palo Alto smells like jasmine, and there are copious plants on every block.
- Except where it smells like rosemary. Ibid.
- Melons taste amazing here. As do apricots and some peaches. And for those who can't wait for the farmers' market on Sunday, you can taste-test everything at Whole Foods. And by "those" I mean me.
- Work is so much better when the thing you're working on it the thing you used to procrastinate with.
- I live a block away from a designated "bike boulevard" with barriers to auto traffic and almost no stop signs. And approximately 0.1% grade.
- Being surrounded by smart, funny, social engineers is a rare privilege.
- Assassination of a high school president is a great movie. Bruce Willis makes a delightfully insane school principal. Though it has the outstanding Brick and Rushmore as peers it its genre of cheeky underdog high school nerdlingness, it holds its own. And has a better soundtrack.